By Darryl Gove
Write High-Performance, hugely Scalable Multicore functions for top structures
Multicore software Programming is a entire, useful consultant to high-performance multicore programming that any skilled developer can use. writer Darryl Gove covers the top techniques to parallelization on home windows, Linux, and Oracle Solaris. via useful examples, he illuminates the demanding situations enthusiastic about writing purposes that totally make the most of multicore processors, aiding you produce purposes which are functionally right, provide better functionality, and scale good to 8 cores, 16 cores, and beyond.
The booklet finds how particular implementations impression software functionality and indicates how you can steer clear of universal pitfalls. step-by-step, you’ll write purposes which can deal with huge numbers of parallel threads, and you’ll grasp complicated parallelization ideas. You’ll find out how to
* determine your most sensible possibilities to exploit parallelism
* proportion information adequately among a number of threads
* Write purposes utilizing POSIX or home windows threads
* Hand-code synchronization and sharing
* make the most of computerized parallelization and OpenMP
* conquer universal hindrances to scaling
* practice new ways to writing right, quickly, scalable parallel code
Multicore software Programming isn’t wedded to a unmarried strategy or platform: it really is for each skilled C programmer operating with any modern multicore processor in any prime working method environment.
Uploader's notes: Retail caliber PDF. unsure why the identify calls home windows "Windows" with no the "Microsoft", while Solaris is named "Oracle Solaris".
By Christopher Negus, Chuck Wolber
* Christopher Negus is the bestselling writer of crimson Hat Linux eight Bible (0-7645-4968-5) and previous models, with greater than 125,000 copies sold
* Readers discover ways to construct 16 enjoyable and worthy units for domestic and place of work, utilizing spare elements and unfastened software
* initiatives contain reworking an answering laptop into an electronic mail converter, construction an MP3 song jukebox, construction a automobile leisure heart, and making a television video recorder/player
* tasks paintings with any model of Linux
* significant other site contains really expert drivers and software program interfaces, plus track and video game software program
By Dieter Harig
1. 1. Noch ein Buch über UNIX! Wo doch bereits so viele geschrieben worden sind - von der kurzen Einführung bis hin zum umfassenden Kompendium. Es gibt eine große Zahl spezieller UNIX-Themen, die eigene Bücher wert sind. Viele davon sind ebenfalls schon geschrieben. was once ist additionally das Besondere an dem vorliegenden Buch "UNIX . . . im Alleingang"? Die Detailfülle, der guy sich bei der Betrachtung des structures mit all seinen Komponenten gegenüber sieht, ist in der Tat enorm. Da ist das Betriebssystem selbst, die verschiedenen Shells, die mit UNIX unlösbar verbundene Programmiersprache C, die Programmschnittstellen der graphischen Benutzeroberflächen, die Netzwerk-Utilities usw. Im Grunde sind das alles Indizien für die Leistungs fähigkeit von UNIX, aber wie kann guy aB dem Herr werden? im Alleingan Der Laie, UNIX-Einsteiger oder Umsteiger, kann schwerlich kaum selbst entscheiden, used to be primär wichtig ist und used to be nicht. Als jemand, der über ein gutes Jahrzehnt Praxiserfahrung in nerhalb der Themenkreise Softwareentwicklung und Schulung verfügt, habe ich mich bemüht, eine Auswahl aus dem Bereich der Systemgrundlagen zusammen zustellen, die ich für den Einstieg als sinnvoll und notwendig erachte. Worauf es ankommt, ist nicht, jeden hier vorgestellten Mechanismus bis ins kleinste aspect zu zerlegen. Es wird kein Vollständigkeitsanspruch erhoben. Die zweifellos wichtigen aber für den noch unvorbelasteten Leser eher verwirrenden info sind Sache der Systernhandbücher.
By Antony Fountain
Quantity 6B, Motif Reference handbook, is an entire programmer's reference for the Motif toolkit. The Motif toolkit presents a whole set of widgets, comparable to buttons, scroll bars, menus, and conversation packing containers, for constructing graphical person interfaces. it is usually a library of features for developing and manipulating these widgets. the second one variation of the Motif Reference guide covers Motif 2.1, the most recent liberate of Motif. The contents of this publication contain: * Reference pages for the widget sessions outlined by means of the Motif toolkit and the X Toolkit Intrinsics. each one reference web page totally describes the widget's performance, together with its new and inherited assets, callback exercises, and translations. * Documentation on the entire Motif services and macros that create and manage widgets and different Motif info kinds, similar to compound strings and render tables. * Reference fabric for the Motif Window supervisor (mwm), a window supervisor designed to be suitable with the looks and behaviour of the Motif widget set. * Descriptions of the entire information forms utilized by Motif services. * an inventory of the entire new widget periods, services, and widget assets in Motif 2.1 and 2.0.This publication is designed for use with quantity 6A, Motif Programming guide, which describes how you can construct functions utilizing the Motif toolkit and offers an entire educational with programming examples. either one of those books are a vital part of the X Window method sequence from O'Reilly.
By Mohammed J. Kabir
Purple Hat Linux protection and Optimization is a reference for power-users and directors overlaying all safeguard matters, together with Filesystems safety, Securing root debts and Firewalls. different safeguard books speak about the right way to practice definite patches to mend a safety challenge -- yet this publication indicates you ways to safe all functions in order that the probabilities for a safety breach are immediately minimized. program functionality benchmarking can also be lined. This booklet introduces you to many application-specific functionality and benchmarking options and indicates you the way to music your laptop in addition to your networks. This publication covers all of the basic crimson Hat Linux functions reminiscent of Apache net Server, WuFTP, FTP server, BIND DNS server, Sendmail SMTP server and specializes in how you can improve safeguard for every of them. It additionally indicates you the way to safe NFS and Samba Server, in addition to the Apache internet Server.
By Cameron Newham and Bill Rosenblatt
O'Reilly's bestselling e-book on Linux's bash shell is at it back. Now that Linux is a longtime participant either as a server and at the computing device studying the bash Shell has been up-to-date and refreshed to account for the entire newest alterations. certainly, this 3rd version serves because the Most worthy advisor but to the bash shell.
As any solid programmer is aware, the very first thing clients of the Linux working procedure come head to head with is the shell the UNIX time period for a consumer interface to the method. In different phrases, it really is what permits you to speak with the pc through the keyboard and exhibit. gaining knowledge of the bash shell may appear particularly uncomplicated however it is not. truthfully, there are lots of complexities that want cautious clarification, that is simply what studying the bash Shell provides.
If you're new to shell programming, the booklet presents an outstanding creation, protecting every thing from the main uncomplicated to the main complex positive factors. And if you have been writing shell scripts for years, it bargains a good way to determine what the recent shell bargains. studying the bash Shell is usually jam-packed with functional examples of shell instructions and courses that may make daily use of Linux that a lot more straightforward. With this booklet, programmers will research:
- How to put in bash as your login shell
- The fundamentals of interactive shell use, together with UNIX dossier and listing buildings, ordinary I/O, and historical past jobs
- Command line enhancing, heritage substitution, and key bindings
- How to customise your shell setting with out programming
- The nuts and bolts of easy shell programming, circulation keep an eye on constructions, command-line recommendations and typed variables
- Process dealing with, from activity keep watch over to techniques, coroutines and subshells
- Debugging options, resembling hint and verbose modes
- Techniques for imposing system-wide shell customization and lines with regards to method security
By Aron Hsiao
Linux is an open-source, Unix-like working procedure that has develop into a workable computing device approach for lots of clients, specially these concerned with method and community administration.
Red Hat Linux has remained a number one selection of Linux distributions for years, possessing greater than eighty percentage of the U.S. Linux market.
Sams educate your self purple Hat Linux in 24 Hours covers all of the most crucial subject matters for the reader who desires to get crimson Hat Linux up-and-running and to turn into effective with the working process as fast as attainable. The e-book covers subject matters equivalent to fitting, establishing, and negotiating the recent laptop environment.
By Dave Curry
Any application worthy its salt makes use of working approach companies. Even an easy application, if useful, reads enter and produces output. And, such a lot functions have extra advanced wishes. they should discover the time, use the community, or begin and speak with different strategies. platforms programming particularly potential not anything greater than writing software program that makes use of those working approach services.UNIX structures Programming for SVR4 grants the nitty-gritty info on how UNIX interacts with purposes. If you’re writing an program from scratch, or if you’re porting an program to any procedure V.4 platform, you wish this book.The first a part of the ebook offers easy services and ideas supported through a number of code fragment examples and brief demonstration courses. those examples turn into construction blocks for the appliance software examples that seem later within the ebook to demonstrate extra complex, advanced functions.UNIX platforms Programming for SVR4 is thorough and whole and bargains suggestion on:
- Working with low-level I/O exercises and the normal I/O library
- Creating and deleting records and directories, altering dossier attributes, processing a number of enter streams, dossier and checklist locking, and memory-mapped files
- Reading, printing, and environment the approach time and date
- Determining who's logged in, instances clients log out and in, tips to swap a program’s powerful person identification or staff identity, and writing set person identification programs
- Changing approach configuration parameters for source limits
- Creating methods, activity regulate, and sign handling
- Using pipes, FIFOs, UNIX-domain sockets, message queues, semaphores, and shared reminiscence for interprocess communication
- Reading and surroundings serial line features together with baud cost, echoing, and circulate control
- Network programming with Berkeley sockets, shipping Layer Interface (TLI), a much less renowned yet extra versatile interface to community programming, and the knowledge hyperlink supplier interface
By Arnold Robbins
For those who create and adjust textual content records, sed and awk are energy instruments for modifying. sed, awk, and average expressions let programmers and method directors to automate enhancing initiatives that have to be played on a number of records, to simplify the duty of acting an identical edits on a number of records, and to put in writing conversion programs.The sed, awk, and usual Expressions Pocket Reference is a spouse quantity to sed & awk, second variation, and Unix in a Nutshell. This small booklet is a convenient reference consultant to the knowledge offered within the greater volumes, providing a concise precis of normal expressions and development matching, and summaries of sed and awk.
By David Maynor
Metasploit Toolkit for Penetration checking out, make the most improvement, and Vulnerability Research is the 1st publication on hand for the Metasploit Framework (MSF), that is the assault platform of selection for one of many quickest turning out to be careers in IT safety: Penetration trying out. The e-book will supply expert penetration testers and protection researchers with a completely built-in suite of instruments for locating, working, and trying out make the most code.
This e-book discusses how you can use the Metasploit Framework (MSF) as an exploitation platform. The publication starts off with a close dialogue of the 3 MSF interfaces: msfweb, msfconsole, and msfcli .This bankruptcy demonstrates all the positive factors provided by way of the MSF as an exploitation platform. With a great knowing of MSF’s functions, the ebook then information strategies for dramatically decreasing the volume of time required for constructing sensible exploits.
By operating via a real-world vulnerabilities opposed to well known closed resource purposes, the reader will how you can use the instruments and MSF to speedy construct trustworthy assaults as standalone exploits. The part also will clarify the best way to combine an take advantage of at once into the Metasploit Framework by means of supplying a line-by-line research of an built-in take advantage of module. info as to how the Metasploit engine drives the behind-the-scenes exploitation technique may be coated, and alongside the way in which the reader will come to appreciate the benefits of exploitation frameworks. the ultimate component of the publication examines the Meterpreter payload approach and teaches readers to strengthen thoroughly new extensions that might combine fluidly with the Metasploit Framework.
- A November 2004 survey carried out by way of "CSO journal" said that forty two% of leader safety officials thought of penetration trying out to be a safety precedence for his or her organizations
- The Metasploit Framework is the most well-liked open resource make the most platform, and there aren't any competing books