By Mark A. Runco
The 1st variation of the winning Encyclopedia of Creativity served to set up the research of creativity is a box in itself. Now thoroughly up-to-date and revised in its moment edition, coverage encompasses the definition of creativity, the improvement and expression of creativity around the lifespan, the environmental stipulations that motivate or discourage creativity, creativity inside particular disciplines like tune, dance, movie, paintings, literature, etc., the connection of creativity and psychological healthiness, intelligence, and learning kinds, and the method of being inventive. This reference additionally appeals to a lay viewers with articles specifically at the software of creativity to enterprise settings. to be had on-line through ScienceDirect and in constrained print release.
- Named a 2012 notable educational name by means of the yank Library Association's selection publication
- Serves as a compendium of studies of a few domain-specific components, similar to appearing, dance, expressive arts, movie, nutrients, song, faith, technological know-how, activities, theater, and writing.
- Creativity and schooling are tested in articles approximately concept strategies, comparable to developmental traits in inventive skills and potentials, the enhancement of creativity, intelligence, wisdom, play, prodigies, courses and classes, expertise and educating creativity.
- Cognitive features of creativity may be investigated in articles approximately altered and transitional states, analogies, recognition, cognitive type, divergent pondering, stream and optimum event, metacognition, metaphors, problem-finding, problem-solving, and distant associates.
- Covers company and organizational creativity in articles approximately advertisements with artwork, artistic visuals, business/management, creativity training, creativity workouts, entrepreneurship, staff dynamics, innovation, management, organizational tradition, organizational improvement, groups, and coaching, between others.
- Explicitly examines the advanced interrelationship among society and creativity in articles approximately awards, conformity and conventionality, the inventive region and sophistication of society, cultural range, the darkish facet of creativity, East vs. West, networking, social psychology, conflict, zeitgeist, and others.
- Personal and interpersonal creativity is mentioned in articles in relation to collaboration, kinfolk, lifestyles levels, mentors, networking, own creativity and self-actualization.
- Focuses on clinical information regarding creativity, there also are articles that debate mind and neuropsychology, strategies of creativity, definitions of creativity, services, longitudinal experiences, learning paintings, artists and paintings audiences, examine tools, phenomenology learn and qualitative research.
- Online model comprises an extra 26 biographies of famously inventive humans
Read Online or Download Encyclopedia of Creativity PDF
Best encyclopedias books
This reference offers a finished and obtainable creation to movie and movie experiences, masking such points as construction, nationwide traditions, studios, genres, serious conception and picture background. nearly 2 hundred entries hide particular subject matters, together with performing, censorship, enhancing, lights and others.
Many are conversant in the information of Copernicus, Descartes, and Galileo. yet right here the reader is additionally brought to lesser recognized rules and participants to the medical Revolution, akin to the mathematical Bernoulli kin and Andreas Vesalius, whose anatomical charts revolutionized the examine of the human physique.
`Every every now and then one stumbles throughout a breath of unpolluted air and this sensible study consultant is definitely one in every of them! .. it will likely be doubtless fresh for these people who continue going to the sphere and who might be have forgotten the human measurement of analysis. if you happen to supervise scholars the e-book could be an invaluable resource of thought.
Extra resources for Encyclopedia of Creativity
People may choose to exercise their contextual intelligence in one or more of three ways. They may adapt to an existing environment, shape that environment to better suit their needs, or leave the environment in favor of one that better suits their abilities and aspirations. For example, if workers feel trapped in a conﬁning work setting, they can adjust their own beliefs and behaviors to ﬁt in with the system, they can unionize to force the system to adapt to their needs, or they can quit and seek more rewarding employment elsewhere.
In order to reach mastery levels in a domain, talents must be recognized and nurtured with appro- priate instruction, materials, and family support. Even with strong support, what appeared to be remarkable in a child of 10 may be more commonplace among 16-year-olds. David Feldman pointed out that there must be an exquisite coincidence of historical and environmental factors for the young prodigy to become the mature artist or athlete. Whether or not such children become mature creators and reach Levels Six and Seven also depends on (a) the evolution of their strength of purpose (the intent to create), (b) emotional-affective inﬂuences, (c) environmental, chance, and historical factors, and (d) the success with which the young person integrates an intuitive approach to the ﬁeld with his or her evolving formal thinking.
Divergent thinking involves production of ideas from given information, with an emphasis on variety and quantity of output. ‘‘How many different uses can you think of for a cup,’’ is a typical classroom prob- 11 lem based on this deﬁnition. Divergent thinking encompasses several forms of creative thought, including (a) the number of ideas generated (ﬂuency); (b) changes in category, from container to ornament to noise maker (ﬂexibility); (c) uniqueness or divergence from typical answers, such as using the cup as a snout for a noseless pig (originality); and (d) extensions or improvements to ideas (elaboration).
Encyclopedia of Creativity by Mark A. Runco